Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Proud Moment Thanks to a Childhood Watching Oprah

Both Dane and Oprah are visibly proud of me.
Time has been flying away; it is hard to believe I used to have time to write everyday! 

Yes, my blog used to be part of my job and now that I have branched out into the world of marketing, finance and banking I really do not have time to write my humble thoughts in a trivial blog daily. But, I do miss it. 

Today at work I was challenged by weaving my fine radio skills with the art of ad writing for radio. Normally this is not so much a challenge, but an almost fun creative writing exercise. Over the past week it has not been, it has been a learning experience just to get through all the material I need to know before writing an ad for products that I am still rather naive about. I know have the first drafts of both spots done and I am about to start the editing process and mark up all the beautiful white paper I can. So, I thought I would share the inspiration for the second of the two ads I have just penned because it is a moment from my childhood I will never forget. 

I was 15 when this Oprah episode aired and I remember thinking to myself, "no way Oprah would ever drive one of those cars, she is a better actress than everyone gives her credit for". Today, I called up this moment in television history and twisted it for my own purposes for a radio ad. I will share it when the time comes for it to be produced, if it is ever produced. There is still a chance that it will end up in a paper ball on my floor at home or in a recycling bin in my boss's office. Regardless, nothing can take away the happiness I feel right now as I check this item off my to-do list. 


Here it is: 

I think anyone who enjoys a laugh can watch that without thinking about Dane Cook's bit on the same episode. Honestly, my inspiration was about 1/3 Oprah and 2/3 Dane Cook for the ad so here is that moment as well:


1/3 Oprah, 2/3 Dane Cook not a bad combination right? 

Just in case you are wondering what my inspiration was for the straight ad I wrote, the one I am much less proud of well it was $$$. Dolla-dolla bills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment