Thursday, November 7, 2013

NaNoWrMo Update: Week 1

I am constantly challenging myself to try new things. Like oysters (growing to love them since my NYC visit), Pimms (new favourite drink thanks to Vancouver), I tried bell peppers for the first time the other day (they will have to be over powered by other foods for me to ever mistakenly eaten again); those are just a couple examples of new things I have tried recently. Oysters, surprised me, Pimms not so much and well let’s be honest with each other, I am never going to want to eat bell peppers.

One of the things I have always wanted to do but I have never done is write a book. Now, I am convinced it won’t be a best seller. In fact I have no desire for anyone else to ever read it, I just want to put my pen to paper (okay my fingers to the keyboard) and hash out a story to its completion. There is something eerily fascinating about the potential of creating something that may be bigger than you, something that will outlast you. That is why I am excited to be taking part in National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWrMo for short. Every November people take part in scribing around 1,700 words a day and crafting a novel. 

Now, I must admit, I am a little behind. I have just hit 6,500 words. By the end of today to be on par with the program I will need to have around 11,900 words. My plan is to sit and embrace this snowy weather tonight and hash out some more of my first novel. Saturday is a big word count push day too, so the push is on to get back on track and working towards my goal of finishing November 30th!

Current Word Count: 6,500
Words Needed To Finish On Time: 11,900
Difference: -5,400
Looks like I better get at it!
It is not too late for you to join in, check it out at http://nanowrimo.org!
*This is approximate; the actual word count calendar is below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment