Sunday, November 17, 2013

NaNoWrMo Update #2

We are seventeen days into National Novel Writing Month and I am still going strong with my efforts.

Yes, I am still behind but I am currently at 19,170 words (that is 30,830 words away from the goal of 50,000). I am working at a pace of 1,127 words a day. What this means is I have to work at a pace of 2,203 words a day to finish on time (November 30) rather than the original 1,667 words.


Is my novel good? Nope. I completely understand why people criticize ‘National Novel Writing Month’ it doesn’t promote actual good writing, it promotes quick writing. I am still having fun with it though and it is nice to see my progress climb a little bit everyday, hopefully I will pound out a whole lot of writing and get closer to be on track. Right now I will finish on December 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment