Tuesday, August 20, 2013

#TuneTuesday: August 20, 2013

Unfortunately we will never share a #MusicMonday because I work Tuesday to Saturday. So I will be hooking you up with my favorite music cuts on what I am calling #TuneTuesday. I would love it if you called it that too, lets make it a thing;)


I am going to always try to pick one break out hit, a big band that everyone has heard from before and then another song I love from a Canadian band that I think deserves a shout out and attention for their incredible work. This week some Californian sisters are breaking  hearts and a BC artistshas his heart broken!

HAIM- The Wire


Okay, HAIM is my new obsession. I love girl rock and their new song ‘The Wire’ is my jam right now. I love the video, all three of the HAIM sisters are breakup artists making boys cry (including the Lonely Island’s Jorma Taccone). The video is pretty funny, but the song stands out. I have been driving around in my car blasting it; ‘The Wire’ is absolutely infectious. ‘The Wire’ is off HAIM's upcoming album ‘Days Are Gone’ (out September 30th); they will be playing the Commodore Ballroom on October 24th. I hope to see you there!




Dominique Fricot -Our Last Song (Jenny’s pick)

The first song in this week’s #TuneTuesday is Dominique Fricot’s ‘Our Last Song’. This is a pretty cool video, watching it at first I was wondering why his apartment looked like it was clearly decorated by his a significant other. The apartment had a clear feminine look, I absolutely loved it… I thought it was gorgeous. Through the video Dominique is dealing with a fresh breakup, suffering living in the home that was shared with his previous flame. It is spot on in showing how painful it can be to live somewhere that is a constant reminder of better times. The song is catchy; I can’t wait to hear more from Dominique Fricot!

This is the first track I have heard from Dominique Fricot, Mountain FM’s afternoon drive host Jenny Fines introduced me to Dominique Fricot’s music when I was fishing for suggestions for this week’s post. Dominique Fricot is from BC, you can find out more about his music at http://dominiquefricot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment