Monday, April 7, 2014

Coldplay Releases Music Video for "Magic"


I am a big fan of Coldplay. As I get older I learn to love them even more. When "Yellow" came out I was not hooked. Back then I was a kid recording radio on a cassette tape waiting for the next upbeat song to listen to on repeat while I cleaned my room. As an adult I LOVE "Yellow" it is one of my all-time favourite Coldplay songs.

I have been hooked on the latest Coldplay track "Magic" from my first listen. As news broke about lead singer Chris Martin's divorce from wife  (I guess I should say conscious uncoupling) Gwyneth Paltrow the song became even sadder for me. I find "Magic" heart-wrenching and emotional... I can't stop listening to it.

Today the video for "Magic" was released and I absolutely love it. It shows a fun and goofy side of  Chris Martin that I think needs to be remembered at the time when people are questioning some very serious and intimate parts of his life. 

To me "Magic" does everything you want a song to do. I makes me happy when I hear it come on, I sing along... but it leaves me feeling gutted (just a little bit) because it highlights an element of heartbreak that is so real and complicated that it is hard to describe. That feeling when you meet someone that isn't right for you but if perfect in so many ways that you feel an remarkable connection that can only be described as magical. 

I love the video for magic, it has a happy ending and a more magical take on conscious uncoupling. I am not sure feelings like this do have a happy ending in real life. But we can still believe in magic anyways... 

"Magic" is the first single from Coldplay's album Ghost Stories due to be released May 19, 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment