Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mountain Middays - Daily Dose of Weird April 28, 2014- Atari's E.T. Dumpsite Found

I had only ever heard rumors about this! 

Over the weekend (Saturday) search parties working on a video game documentary found the legendary dumpsite of Atari’s ‘E.T. the Extra Terrestrial’ video game. This Atari game cartridge is almost mythical because as the story goes the video game is so bad that it’s makers wanted to wipe it from history.  

Hundreds of thousands of copies of the E. video game were unearthed over the weekend (April 26, 2014) in New Mexico’s desert. It’s an odd story and I am very happy it is true. It is kind of like a modern day treasure hunt!  I am happy I was not there in the desert, waiting to dig up and play the game; but I am happy the mystery is somewhat solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment