Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Thought of the Day... Board Games and Babies

I have an embarrassing love for board games.


Seriously, I will take you on--- any game, anytime, anyplace.

Today I came to the realization (after many hours at Walmart over the weekend trying to prepare for spring cleaning) that the only reason I am even remotely interested in having a child is to have an extra person to play board games with.

It is the one thing that having a child has over having a dog. If you have read some of my blog posts you know how badly I want a dog.

Kevin and I play games all the time. He’s the King of NHL; I'm the Queen of Madden. He usually wins at rummy; I win at Monopoly Deal and crib. Generally it is a toss up who will win at Yahtzee.

Board game nights are one of my favourite things about visiting my parents in Nova Scotia. Growing up we only had two channels until I was in sixth grade; daytime living was watching movies and farming. Nighttime was my time to shine, family game nights. I started so young when I started playing cards that I would cry whenever I had to pass up a king; it was a “K for Katie”… I was fifteen. Just kidding.

Anyways, my sister can’t take how competitive I get while Robert (my brother) and Kevin team up on me. She usually is the Banker.

Over the weekend we tried to find more games to play for two. It is ridiculously hard to find games that really are good for two. Some are okay, but games like Monopoly are horrible with two people.  

There is my thought of the day.  Sorry, mum.


And to think, as Kevin and I walked across the street to the grocery store tonight a man eyed us up and invited us to a rave. I was still fully decked out in workout gear and freshly home from work. I guess pink shorts mean you want to party on a Tuesday night in the Kootenays.

No comments:

Post a Comment