Monday, May 12, 2014

Mountain Middays - Daily Dose of Weird May 09, 2014- The Most Ironic Prison Assignment Ever

Have you watched Orange is the New Black?

Watch it. It has changed the way I look at jail time. In fact it actually has made me fear going to jail more than I did before I watched the show.

All I could think about while I read this story was a character in the show, Red, and what her response would be to this guy. The culprit in this story is a former New York City Police Officer who is behind bars for allegedly planning to take part in cannibalism in real life online.  I think it is great that he is now working to pursue becoming a chef; but it is so ironic and strange.

Part of me wonders if he maybe should have been a chef instead of a police officer. Maybe all of his alleged cannibalistic online crimes would not have happened if he was pursuing his dream to make people food… phrasing. Maybe he should have always been in the kitchen cooking for people… better?

Urg. Choking on irony. 

For more click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment