Sunday, May 11, 2014

The 51st Annual Trail Silver City Days

Our Street Team ready for the parade!
This is my first Trail Silver City Days.  I feel like Summer 2014 has now started and is out in full force. Right now the weather is absolutely beautiful downtown for the last day of activities.

As a resident of Trail I have seen the all the hustle and bustle getting ready around down for days. I walk around town and climb the staircases in the evenings to get some sunlight and exercise, one day all of the carnival gear showed up and everything quickly started transforming.

The highlight of Silver City Days weekend (for me) was driving in the Firefighter’s Parade was a lot of fun. Actually Jenny drove. I rode shotgun and jammed with her the entire time. I have been a part of many parades; I was Princess Middleton 2009 and had to be in parades pretty much every weekend that summer. I have never been in a parade as long as the Silver City Days Parade.

A car view of the streets full of people at the parade.
Not only was the parade filled with an impressive group of floats (including the City of Trail’s beautiful new float) the streets of Downtown Trail were PACKED with people. Luckily the rain started as soon as the parade ended.

The parade was like a second Halloween for the kid’s watching, we were entry #54 and by the time we reached the kids most of them had semi-full bags of candy. It is a good thing those sugared-up youth did not revolt, there was so many of them they would have taken over Trail!

After the parade the midway and food mall was the place to be until the evening when ABRA Cadabra played the arena. I had another work function (I’ll tell you about it later) but driving back into town the fireworks filled the sky beautifully!


On Sunday Country Divas took the stage at Gyro Park for Family Day and a Mother’s Day celebration.

Sunday we spent the day going on rides and playing games at the West Coast Amusement Carnival and treated ourselves to the food mall. My roommate from university came and visited for part of the weekend so she experienced the perfect first weekend in Trail.


I had a great time at my first Trail Silver City Days, I got to meet new people and celebrate Trail for my first Silver City Days! Thanks to everyone who helps make this incredible event happen, I can't wait until next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment