Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mountain Middays - Daily Dose of Weird May 08, 2014- A Jurassic Baseball Pitch

Being a 90s kid I have a soft spot for dinosaurs.

It seems like the early 90s and dinosaurs go hand-in-hand. From Jurassic Park and all the crappy side merchandise that came out trying to make an easy buck around the dino-craze, to being in elementary school and learning about dinosaurs while they were hot and trendy; to me the 90s scream dinosaurs and always get my attention.  I’m not even going to get into Land Before Time

Maybe this was not the case to people who were fully-grown during the 90s, but I’m betting I’m not the only kid who remembers the early 90s this way.
Anyways the other day my Daily Dose of Weird focused on the San Diego Padres hosting the Kansas City Royals at Petco Park. This game had a very unique ceremonial first pitch that you can catch here.


Yes, that is a baby tyrannosaurus and it is huge.  The smart stunt was planned to promote the Walking With Dinosaurs live arena show that is touring North America. Yes, as a child of the 90s I am weirdly intrigued by dinosaurs so I have seen the movie version of  Walking With Dinosaurs.

The aptly named “Baby-T” did a damn good job tossing out the first pitch from its mouth but it did not help the home team win. The Padres fell 8-0 to the Royals.



https://soundcloud.com/stream

No comments:

Post a Comment