Monday, May 26, 2014

Confusion Taco is Back for Summer 2014

There is no need at this point in my blogging career to tell you how much I love food. I absolutely love cooking and eating the things other people have cooked for me, I hold no bias towards my own creations; my mouth welcomes all foods all the time. 

From our first trip of the season to Confusion Taco!
I do not discriminate when it comes to food. I would rather go out for a nice supper than have a night on the town and I have no qualms about eating the cheapest street food on vacation. In fact, it is my staunch belief that some of the cheapest food I have ever consumed has been better than some of the meals I have had at swanky restaurants. Fish tacos in So-Cal are a prime example of this. 

One absolute treat living in the Kootenays is the extensive list of impressive food establishments. I've told you about my love for the Element and their monthly feature menus and I have even featured the subject of today's blog on a previous blog... today we are talking Confusion Taco!

I am a BIG fan of Confusion Taco. To be honest with you I have already visited twice this month in celebration of their return to Castlegar. Jenny Fines and I have established Taco Tuesday at the office; this Taco Tuesday the highlight meal of my workweek (not like the Taco Tuesday in the Lego Movie). I actually look forward to Tuesdays now; previously Tuesdays had been my least favourite day of the week. 

Anyways, check out Confusion Taco Tuesdays and Thursdays in Castlegar on Columbia Avenue and you can check them out Wednesdays and Thursdays in Trail on Bay Avenue. They can get you a late breakfast, lunch and supper as they are open from 11am until 6pm at those stops! 

"The Great Canadian Taquito"
Let me stop you for a second before you head to check them out. I am slowly working my way through the entire Confusion Taco menu and recommend the Baja Fish taco, fish tacos are one of my favourite food items that I don't even try to make at home because they deserve perfection and someone amazing making them. I trust my fish taco experiences to both the Element and Confusion taco. I am debating my next order; it is between the Dy-No-Mite prawn tempura taco that is Jenny Fine's jam and the Maui Beef taco (beef… yum!). Decisions; decisions.


Actually, I am seriously considering cheating on the tacos with Confusion Taco's "Sloppy Jalopy”. I know you are thinking, “Kate what in God’s name is that?” Let me tell you my friend. The “Sloppy Jalopy” is one of those food items that you work your butt off at the gym to be able to eat. It is the ultimate breakfast sandwich; two buttermilk waffles with two pieces of bacon, cheddar cheese and two over easy eggs with maple mayo for just a little more Canadian flavor. Yum!

I love fusion foods, so for my first Confusion Taco of the season I chose the Bombay Chicken. It was popular; three other people in the late-lunch crowd ordered the same thing after I did. The butter chicken mixed with crispy rice, spicy cashews and mango salsa is a tasty combo. I am not normally a fan of cilantro but I did not even notice it in the cilantro slaw, it was an impressive fusion of Indian and Mexican food!  

My latest order from Confusion Taco was the Great Canadian Taquito--- pulled pork in a fried crispy tortilla wrapped in bacon with chipotle salsa. It was the perfect take on a Canadian Taquito, and it was filling! It was the perfect size for my hungry self; it was a nice median meal between the small 7 inch tacos and the large 12 inch tacos. 

Dy-No-Mite prawn tempura taco
I think this week I may have to branch out into the tasty world of Confusion Taco sides, I'm thinking the super creamy Mac & Cheese or kettle chips will have to be an addition to this week's Taco Tuesday! 







June 2014 Update:
I can now recommend the pulled pork taco and Dy-No-Mite prawn tempura taco too! The pulled pork taco is perfectly crisp with the amazing crispy onions and the Dy-No-Mite prawn tempura taco (pictured above) mixes the most amazing flavours together impressively. 

The amazing pulled pork taco! 

No comments:

Post a Comment