Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mountain Middays - Daily Dose of Weird May 07, 2014- Sticking Around After A Robbery

I will never have the balls to rob a place. I guess I will never have balls period, so maybe that phrase is not quite accurate.

This story baffles me. Not only because the crocks had the audacity to hold up a gas station, but because they were cocky enough to lengthen their stay after firing a gun at the clerk. They told him to hang out in the bathroom for a few hours so they could set-up shop and offer a discount to anyone pumping gas and paying in cash. Go big or go home right? Apparently you might as well break some more laws while you are committing a major felony.  

I would totally think something was fishy if this deal was offered to me in the middle of the night at a gas station. Unfortunately there is no such thing as Happy Hour at the gas bar. Generally if anyone approaches me after dark at a gas station I assume something horrible is going to happen. Have you ever heard the story about a girl ignoring a man trying to tell her that someone was in the backseat of her car hiding --- only to be killed a short time later because she did not talk to the stranger at the gas station? That story alone is why I will never drive anything larger than a compact car and why 95% of my gas purchases are made in daylight.
Parents, tell your kids that story. Not only will they lock the doors to their car all the time, they will have a big ole’ fear of driving alone at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment