Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mexican Fiesta All May at the Element!

If you have read this blog you have noticed that I am a massive fan of food. I hate the foodie label, but it is pretty appropriate. I have been off the restaurant blogs lately because there has been so much going on lately, but I could not resist a trip the Element for Mexican Fiesta. All May the Element is celebrating one of the most fun ethnic cuisine's with an entire menu of Mexican treats.

The fish tacos are my go to on the Element's standard menu so I branched out and was a little more adventurous and had the handmade braised pork corn tamales. I had never had tamales before and this was the perfect first occasion. Two salsas topped the tamales, one red (roja) and the other was my favourite... salsa verde . So good! If you are wondering what the tamales are photo’d sitting in that is a steamed corn husk. The team at the Element really does pay attention to detail and go out of the way to make every meal an experience.
The legendary fish tacos

My friend had the fish tacos by my recommendation and was not disappointed. As I have said before on the blog, the Element's fish tacos rival the best fish tacos I have had in Southern California. Try the lobster option too, they are my absolute favourite! Every Tuesday I have to fight the urge to go to Taco Tuesday--- they are just $2.99 on Tuesdays!

Make it a Mexican date night with the fajita for two special and have it all served up in front of you hot and ready for you to customize yourself! Take your pick steak between certified angus steak, chicken or jumbo black tiger prawns and get ready to fight over the last fajita with whoever you are sharing with!

After we sipped our afternoon mojitos that were on special and then topped it all off with two amazing desserts including the feature Mexican crème brûlée with tequila and lime. It was divine; you have got to feed your sweet tooth if you are visiting the Element for the May-long Mexican Fiesta.

My amazing crème brûlée! 
I am excited to take Jenny Fines for her birthday girl date to the Element to try the feature Mexican drink the "Spicy Jalisco Heat" made with reposado tequila, lime, muddled cucumber and jalapeños! I tried a Caesar for the first time on my birthday at the Element so I think I will continue down the spicy path for her birthday! Maybe we will skip lunch and go for supper for the more appropriate tequila taster plank to drink that is right up our alley and sounds like a fun decision.

I can’t wait to go back and be faced with the dilemma of what to order from the Mexican May menu again! I’m already thinking about the Cabo Mussels from PEI with coconut milk, tequila, lime and garlic toast. Maybe some Mexican bacon chips and dip too!

Check it out this weekend and get a seat on the patio, it is the perfect way to celebrate May long weekend! Make your reservation now by visiting www.clubelement.ca




No comments:

Post a Comment