Monday, July 29, 2013

Kate's Reading Challenge Book 2: ‘World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War’ by Max Brooks

One of my goals I set for myself on my twenty-fourth birthday was reading a book a week.  I am a little behind, moving twice and finishing school put a damper on my plan. To help motivate myself to finish books on time every week my new plan is to share my latest read with you on my blog. I will read anything and everything and I would love your suggestions, feel free to email them to me at kate@mountainfm.net.

         Book 2: ‘World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War’ by Max Brooks.


My second book in my reading challenge is Max Brook’s ‘World War Z’. I have seen the Brad Pitt blockbuster and I must admit (even though there are references to my home province Nova Scotia in the movie) I MUCH prefer the book.

         ‘World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War’ is a non-stop adventure that takes the reader on a trip around the world, learning the history of a fictional war on the undead. I loved reading every page of this novel, as a radio nerd I imagined the audio art that could be created recording an audio book. I imagine the audio book for this ‘oral history’ is incredible; it is a book that would be incredible to listen to.

         I love the different perspectives presented in this book, other Zombie works do not have the detail or story that is created in ‘World War Z’. Other works leave you asking what is going on in other parts of the world as the story progresses, ‘World War Z’ answers these questions and presents a global picture. 

         This book is perfect for all types of Z-heads, I am a fan of Zombie culture; I watch ‘The Walking Dead’ and some of my favourite movies are zombie-flicks (28 Days Later). The oral account of the Zombie war in the novel is absolutely riveting; it far surpasses the plot of the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment