Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nelson's Marketfest

Buy local is a movement very close to my heart. My parents both own their own small businesses in my hometown in Nova Scotia. Our family farm is a constant reminder to me when I am shopping for groceries that it is important to source where your foods (and products) are coming from. I had a great time checking out Nelson's Marketfest last Friday night; it was a really cool spin on traditional market style shopping. 

            Marketfest has everything from gelato to homemade jewelry and clothing. I was so impressed with the assortment of food trucks and vendors out on a Friday night. The streets were packed with people, lining up to look at all of the marvels of Marketfest. On top of it all there was great live music on the two stages on opposite ends to the market.


            I strongly recommend checking out the next Marketfest, Baker Street will transform again Friday, August 23 from 6pm to 10:30pm. It is a great night full of fun for the whole family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment