Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rant: How Do You Keep Your Glasses Clean?

I live with the curse (as I am sure many of you do) of wearing glasses. 

There is nothing I despise more than my second set of eyes. I hate that I would be a better athlete if I wore them, I dislike needing them to drive anytime/anywhere and I wish I could just pick any pair of crappy sunglasses to sport for a summer without prescription lenses. 

I was sentenced to needing glasses in April 2005, I was 16 years old and going to get my license when it was determined that I was in need of visual aide. Both my younger brother and sister were prescribed glasses five years earlier, my mother had forgotten to take back to the optometrist (as he requested) to check-in the next year... which snowballed into five appointment-free years.

Why am I telling you this? I am hoping you can help me out a little bit. What do you do to keep your glasses clean? Mine always seem to be dusty or dirty, regardless of care of cleaning patterns. I am a learned, I have learned to manage living with glasses better as I have aged. I used to sit on them, lose them, run over them and a few pairs have just fallen apart. My current favourite pair of Raybans have been retired for home use only because my brother tackled me for a loonie a couple of months ago, they ended up bending in the process. 

Someday I will be able to afford surgically correcting my eyes; until then I need your help easing the frustration brought on my fingerprints, dust and splatter. 

End rant. 

Though you can find me wearing my glasses 90% of my active day, you will not find me wearing glasses on my Facebook page... the closest it comes is in the photo below.


No comments:

Post a Comment