Saturday, July 20, 2013

NHL Players Will Play in Sochi

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/sports/hockey/2013/07/01/sochi_olympics_nhliihf_deal_close/sochi_olympics.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
Photo credit: www.TheStar.com
I know I can't start every blog saying, "I am pretty excited."
But, that is how I feel this morning hearing the news that NHL players will be allowed to play in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. 
Honestly, I will be watching regardless of who is playing. Seriously, TIMBITS could be on the ice and I would be sitting in my red and white cheering. 
I think we need to pursue the idea of a International TIMBIT tournament, it would be adorable. 
Back to the serious stuff, I like seeing the best represent our country. I like seeing NHL teammates square-off and rivals join forces. To me, that is part of the spirit of the Olympics. 
And, this announcement means that the NHL can now move forward with the schedule for the 2013-2014 season.
Double win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment