Friday, July 26, 2013

The Best Thursday Night Surprise EVER!

I love animals.

Last night I was so excited when I got home, a dog was just hanging out in the kitchen of the house I am renting a room in. For a while I wondered, where did this dog come from? Did a miracle happen? Was the dog I had been dreaming of? Or, maybe life had gone in a ‘Lone Ranger’ direction; could this be my spirit dog? The answer to all of these questions (of course) was no, my roommate had run out quickly without mentioning that he was watching his family’s dog.

Golden retrievers are my favorite breed of dog so I was super excited when Teva showed up, unfortunately she pays way more attention to my boyfriend than to me. We played house with her all evening, we let her trick us into feeding her (we did not know she had already been fed) and she joined us while we watched TV and played Yahtzee. I even got to experience the best feeling ever, when a large dog leans into you and stakes their claim on your attention until your body goes numb.

Having Teva around was the best surprise ever. I love animals, I grew up on a farm and we always had at least one dog. We rescued our current dog Levi, an energetic boarder collie, one summer while I was home from university and I miss him everyday. But, if growing up on a farm has taught me anything is that they are a commitment not to be taken lightly. Growing up we never got to go on vacations (or any other trips) because of the dedication needed to live with a bunch of animals.

I am moving into my own apartment next week and I have been fighting the urge to visit the SPCA everyday, I would love to adopt an older dog. But, I know I am at a point in my life where I want to travel (and I work 9-5) so having a dog in my little apartment would be cruel.


But, on a happy note, there is a 100% chance of playing with a dog in my immediate future; which is way better than the 0% chance of dog time every other night. 


Update, the next night another dog was there too!

He was not nearly as fun though...

No comments:

Post a Comment