Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Street Eats at the Element Club Bar and Grill

Photos do not do this food justice... not even close. 
            If you have listened to my radio show on Mountain FM you know I love food*. After missing out on Calgary (my previous home) I thought I should check out Castlegar’s own “tribute to street food”, at Element Club Bar and Grill. I grabbed my bite to eat this afternoon, ordering my own personal gourmet shrine to street food… and was I ever impressed.  
the vast array of food trucks in

            You could serve me this food out of a dumpster and I would still eat it. Seriously, if you have leftovers from you visit bring them to me at the studio, I work 9-5. I settled (after a painstaking elimination process) on the ‘Notorious P.I.G’ (almost as fun to say as it is to eat) and the ‘Pulled Pork Yam Poutine’ for a starter.

            The ‘Pulled Pork Yam Poutine’ was perfect for sharing. My boyfriend and I tore the plate apart, fighting for every last bite of it. The house made gravy boosts the sweet flavour of the yam fried out of this world! The pulled pork adds to the party.

            And the ‘Notorious P.I.G.’; how can you go wrong with crisp pork belly, bacon, a fried egg, garnished with bacon jam and baconnaise on a bun? I would graciously accept a lesson in making bacon jam any day of the week, it is incredible.  I don’t eat bread, but I ate the brioche bun just to ensure I got as much of the bacon jam and baconnaise as possible.

            Just a note, I am not trying to get free food by blogging about the Elements slam-dunk take on street food; they are more than welcome to take my money.  Here is the rest of the slammin’ ‘Street Eats’ menu:
-The Fried Chicken & Waffle Club Sandwich
-Vietnamese Banh Mi
-Bavarian Smokie Reuben
-Rickard’s Red Cheese Burger
-Souvlaki Pita
-Crunchy Fish Tacos
-Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Mac
-Pad Thai

            Next time I visit I will be trying the lobster tempura tacos for sure. Picking out your next meal before you leave, that’s the mark of a great restaurant right?



*If you don’t listen to my radio show on Mountain Fm, get with it! It runs daily from 10am until 2pm PST.

No comments:

Post a Comment