Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23, 2014- Castlegar Sculpture Walk Sculpture of the Day “Talking Crowes”

I have been reading a lot of Game of Thrones lately so today’s sculpture takes on little bit of a different meaning for me, when I hear the word “crow” I immediately am transported to the Wall these days.

With that being said I’m guessing “Talking Crows” was not created by Nelson’s Denis Kleine with Game of Thrones in mind. Regardless he has captured the essence of two crows beautifully having a chat on a tree and its branches. Crafted in bronze atop a beautiful stone base “Talking Crowes” captures one of nature’s conversation that we normally tune out. With one bird listening and the other speaking we can easily relate to the humanity exhibited in this piece.

I am so impressed that there is yet another Kootenay artist featured on Castlegar’s Sculpture Walk! Denis Kleine is based out of Nelson and has actually won the Peoples’ Choice Award for Sculpture Walk in the past! For more about his big win and his art click here.


To visit my previous blog about “Talking Crows” neighbor sculpture “The Kiss” click here

No comments:

Post a Comment