Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Goat's Daily Dose of Weird: July 02, 2014- "My Bed" Sells at Auction for 4 Million Dollars!

In all it's glory...
I love art. But, today’s Daily Dose of Weird feature proves that I don’t always appreciate it. After Tracey Emin’s “My Bed” soft at auction yesterday in London for double the guide price (over $4,000,000) I was left scratching my head wondering if I could do better. To be honest with you, I don’t consider any bed worth that much especially a sad lonely lady bed like this one.

I would not pay four million dollars for Mick Jagger’s bed and we all know that bed would have had a happy life. I originally had typed a long-ass rant here about beds that I would not buy that would/should be worth a substantial amount more than this lady’s shrine to being lonely and sad. I gave up on that when I realized that I think beds are gross and that I never, ever want own a used bed from a celebrity or any other questionable person. A very nice lady gave me the bed I own right now, but I doubt I will ever have a used bed again after thinking about it right now…

Anyway, my bed is rather happy looking. It has memory foam floating over it that is a size too small and has a nice pick and orange comforter set with an old 90s rain forest duvet for cuddling. My crappy Walmart bedding is stain-free and lucky for me free from trash. You can purchase my happy bed for $200 obo.
I am only half kidding here. Seriously, buy my bed. I’m going to need the memory foam for my futon though so it stays. Also, I don’t believe in recycling cheap bedding so I will be throwing that out.


For more on the ridiculousness that is Tracey Emin’s “My Bed” click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment