Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Happy Moments: Starbucks Secret Menu Items and Perfect Song Timing

It was so freaking hot yesterday and it is going to be just as hot today. Here is my happy moment from yesterday and a shout out to two amazing ladies in my life. One is not only my co-worker by day; she is also a fabulous barista by night. She has created an amazing "secret menu" low-carb Nutella flavored frap for me at Starbucks and every time she makes me one it gets even better! Props to Jenny Fines for knowing how to chill a homie out!

The second shout-out for my happy moment of the day yesterday going to my MacIsaac Hall roommate for providing the perfect tunes to enjoy that low-carb Nutella frap with. As you can see my car and I agreed that it was hot as hell outside so it hooked me up with the perfect summer song on my car USB key to enjoy that frappuccino with, Rusted Root's "Send Me On My Way". 

I will be honest with you; I am one of the only people that hate "Send Me On My Way". It is one of those songs that seems to get people going and yesterday I finally had that feeling. After years of resenting Sarah Thorsen for downloading it on my university Macbook and it always coming up on shuffle, I finally tolerated it. I pulled all of my music from my old lappy onto a USB stick for emergency tune situations a couple of months ago and I have been dodging Sarah's two additions "Send Me On My Way" and Michael Jackson's "Will You Be There" every time I use it. Yes, it is pretty lazy of me to have never deleted them from my computer, but it seems to be a little easier to skip them when they come on. Don't pretend you don't have songs on your iTunes that you don't like!  

Regardless, I am so happy it was "Will You Be There" and not the Free Willy song that came on while I drove home and enjoyed my frap. It reminded me of two amazing ladies to be thankful for and put a big smile on my face. Had it have been the MJ song I would have totally skipped it... I really do hate that song. 

Sarah seemed to have a thing for movies from our childhood and the songs from their soundtracks. While I was more of a Disney girl she was a big fan of the film Matilda and "Send Me On My Way" was used in that flick, so here it is with a wonderful Matilda montage just for your enjoyment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment