Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let Her Have Cake... for Breakfast

There are things about my childhood that I have a hard time letting go of, especially when it comes to desserts. My mother is incredible, she always has a dessert on display in our kitchen ready and waiting for someone to indulge. Since I have realized how crazy wheat and sugar make me and cut them out of my everyday diet I have had a few lapses and I can tell the moment I wake up that I am in need of a relapse trip to Sweetsville. 

Often growing up I would emulate my mother's dietary pattern of eating desserts for breakfast, living by the concept that you have the whole day to work it off. Today I woke up with a cake craving that was out of this world. I drove by all the muffin dealers (McDonald's, Tim Horton's etc.), not giving into to what people like to think of as a healthy alternative for breakfast, let’s be honest most muffins are really just cake. I got to work, sans coffee and sweets. Jones-ed at my desk and then sent out a desperation text to my current life partner Jenny Fines to meet up at Starbucks to sin.

And, I sinned hard. I got my coffee and cake in one beautiful streusel-ed and cinnamon-ed chuck of miracle coffee cake and a less than amazing slice of cheesecake, in my opinion cheesecake should always be served cold. In hind sight I really regret not getting two slices of coffee cake. 

I went back to my desk and basically plowed down my monthly dose of wheat and sugar. Shortly after during our weekly programming meeting I feel into an intense sugar coma. 

Do you ever wake up craving weird things? Have your parents influenced your diet in a strange way? Do you just love cake? 


Let me know your story, kate@mountainfm.net! 

Okay, I do secretly love Starbuck's coffee cake (even though their food is garbage).

No comments:

Post a Comment