Monday, October 14, 2013

'Pay it Forward' Friday at Mountain FM

Everyone at Mountain FM was so part in the Kootenay Society for Community Living’s ‘Pay It Forward Day’ last Friday (October 11).  This incredible initiative was part of BC Community Living month and hopefully inspired random acts of kindness in our community.

I was so fortunate to get to spend the afternoon at A&W in Castlegar, I got to have the chance help be the messenger for Mountain and A&W’s random acts of kindness, part of the ‘Pay It Forward Chain’. We hoped to start the random acts of kindness by handing out free food (for orders under $10) to people coming through the drive-thru. I know I would have been stoked to have my cash ready at the drive-thru window, only to find out that my meal was free!

Morning Rocks co-host Darren McPeake visited A&W in Trail and the hosts from our sister station 1035 the Bridge in Nelson were at Grounded. 

People seemed to be really receptive to the ‘Pay It Forward’ concept. We had lovely stories come in online about people on the receiving end of random acts of kindness and from people who had paid it forward themselves, starting the chain of generosity.


I had so much fun with the team at Castlegar A&W, they even paid it forward for to me with an order of (my favourite) sweet potato fries. I can’t wait until next year, I know this was a building block for what is to come next year when this initiative grows bigger and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment