Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Why I Love All The Underated Bits of Being Adult

I could try to feed you a load of bull right now and tell you I love going out, that I am a social butterfly and that I love meeting new people.  But, I am coming to the realization that I am an old kermudgin (spell check is telling me that’s not a word, screw you spell check) and that I would rather over work and malnourish my body than miss any sleep and drink.  Yes, I still get the urge to tear up the town but those hopes can be dashed by the slightest little thing.

No longer am I thinking about the craziness that happened over the past weekend and hoping for wildness that is at least on par with the previous weekend. I am too busy feeling shame for being so dedicated to this job that instead of eating a real sandwich for lunch I ate an ice-cream sandwich from the convenience store across the street because it was WAY quicker than anything else… at 5:30pm. I don’t normally eat carbs so I now feel all 53g in that ‘sandwich’; I have similar sentiments to the side order of penny candy I am munching on as I write this mandatory daily blog.

I also have an embarrassingly high stack of McDonald’s Monopoly pieces on my desk and every single spot (except for the rare winner pieces) on our (Jenny Fines & I) two Monopoly boards has been filled. I try to keep all my winning tokens in my car so I can remember to order them and not throw them out with the duds.

This blog is inspired by this article on BuzzFeed that is totally on my level right now, even though I am still in the young half of 20s (24 suckkkas).

This weekend we went out and it was exhausting. Seriously, I felt like the VIP in the club was a cattle pen. 
This never would have been my feeling three or four years ago, after deep consideration (and rib cage bruises from a grad dress that fits me better now than it ever has in the past) I have come to appreciate that I am getting old.  I related WAY TOO much with this buzz feed article.


No longer do all my stories shame my parents, I have surrendered to being a true cardigan wearing adult.



No comments:

Post a Comment