Tuesday, October 1, 2013

#TuneTuesday: October 01, 2013

Unfortunately we will never share #MusicMonday because I work Tuesday to Saturday. So I will be
hooking you up with my favorite music cuts on what I am calling #TuneTuesday. I would love it if you called it that too, let’s make it a thing).

1.‘Shot at the Night’- The Killers
I love this new video from the Killers. I think it is a good representation of the wildly romantic side of Vegas that we girls dream about. Not the strippers, not the gambling, the no holds barred craziness that can take place when you let your guard down and have a wild time with the stranger you just met on the streets. I think this video is incredibly cute, almost like Cinderella in Vegas. I love how overly romantic Brandon Flowers is; he still makes me swoon years after my first (and only) high school boyfriend introduced me to ‘Hot Fuss’ when I was fifteen years old. I know this video is not everyone’s idea of a perfect night in Vegas, but for me it is damn close. This video takes you away with a contemporary fairy tale love story where anything can happen and I love it.



2. ‘Sirens’ –Pearl Jam
I must admit (I know this will be a shocker to some people I work with), I am not a huge Pearl Jam fan.  I really, really like their latest release ‘Sirens’ though. The video is well crafted; it artfully uses shadows and shots in and out of focus. I love the videos simplicity, it us not pretentious and is the perfect showcase of the emotion behind the words in the song. I hate when emotional songs are diminished by a music video that tries to do too much.  I am very happy that we will be adding ‘Sirens’ on Mountain FM, we have some pretty big Pearl Jam fans around the office so this was inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment