Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 29: National Cat Day

I am a dog person.

I realized this in Grade 2 when my family moved to our very own farm and we were given our very own catfrom my Grandparents farm. His name was Leo; he may have been a she. I fought tooth and nail to have a cat, a very specific cat that was my Grandparent’s barn cat that was named Pumpkin. Pumpkin may have been feral, so my parents opted to adopt one of Pumpkin’s golden kittens (less feral) and named it Leo.

Creative names for cats would come later for the Bruce family. Willard, Fletcher, Jimmer, Vesuvius/Olympia, Ugly, Sylvester and Gimp are just some of the names given to the many cats that have lived at Annandale Farm over the years.

So, even though I am a dog person I thought I would pay tribute to my favourite cats on this National Cat Day.
Here they are:

The Queen of sass.
Truthful cat.
Broadway cats.
The Disney cats, even when they are bad they're good.
The World War Z cat.
How could I leave Puss out?
Avenger cats.... the most majestic.
Salem, the lovable pest. 
And everyone's fave, Nic Cage cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment