Wednesday, October 16, 2013

#TuneTuesday: October 15, 2013

Unfortunately we will never share a #MusicMonday because I work Tuesday to Saturday. So I will be hooking you up with my favorite music cuts on what I am calling #TuneTuesday. I would love it if you called it that too, lets make it a thing;)
Only one video this week, giving you plenty of time to make a little breakfast if you are finding it hard to squeeze in after this lovely dose of inspiration from Prince.

Breakfast Can Wait- Prince
I think everyone has had ‘breakfast can wait’ moments. Prince (who is one of my favourite artists of all time) takes this common semi-dirty thought and gets down to the thick of it in his new track. Seriously, breakfast … work… whatever else is on the docket can wait if Prince says so. I am not physically attracted to Prince in the slightest (seriously, no thanks), but he continues even in the advanced stages of his career to make us ladies... well you know;)

How to I feel about a teenager directing and starring in the vid for this song? Sure, it makes me a little uneasy. But, I was in my Prince listening prime around 18 and I still love him. This track is by far one of the best newer cuts from Prince that I have heard. I am a fan of old Prince music, but I can totally get on board with new music from Prince if it is as slick as this sassy track. I saw Prince live in Halifax back in 2011 and it was one of best shows I have ever seen in my life, I am happy that this new single is living up to my Prince experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment