Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The 1st Annual Taste of Castlegar

I am such a lucky girl.

I love my job because I get to go to amazing events like 'Taste of Castlegar'.

Not only did I get to go to ‘A Taste of Nelson*’ last week, I also got to go to ‘Taste of Castlegar’. I can gladly say I enjoyed every calorie of my very tasty week. We had lots of sweets at the office as well*.

The rain did not stop the fun at the Lion’s Head Pub. Food vendors were under tents doling out their prized menu items from their new autumn menus. It is impossible to pick a favorite although I heard a lot of amazing feedback about all the items for the day. I can honestly tell you I was impressed with everything I tried. From butter chicken to cinnamon rolls, I ditched my diet and worked my way across all my taste buds. I really, really hope there is a second annual ‘Taste of Castlegar’ next year!

On top of all the great food the staff at the Lion’s Head Pub made great hosts to all the madness and the entertainment was killer! You need to check out ‘Taste of Castlegar’ next year. A big thank you goes out to everyone who made this great event possible, including everyone at the Castlegar Chamber of Commerce.


*If you look in my backlog of blogs you can read more about ‘ATaste of Nelson’ and our smiley-sweet week at Mountain FM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment