Thursday, October 10, 2013

This Just Made My Day... Thanks Jimmy Kimmel

Some days (like today) you just need something to pick you up. A little midday laugh while you sit at your desk watching the minutes turn into hours of doing the same mundane task.

That’s not what my day is normally like, but today I have felt a little robotic doing the things I normally love. It in large part as to do with eating an ice-cream sandwich with a side of penny candy yesterday for lunch (at 5:30pm) and yes, I am still uppity about that (I am a walking, talking example of why proper nutrition is key to being mentally stable).

Anyways, Jimmy Kimmel is not even close to being my favourite comedian (usually I find my daily conversations with my mother more entertaining than him) and I am still angry that his long-ass interview with Kanye last night bumped my favourite band right now, The Arctic Monkeys, from the live run of his show. But, this sketch of musicians reading hate tweets directed at them from average people made my day, tears were shed over this sketch at my desk; thank you Mr.Kimmel.

Lil Wayne has to be my favourite read, although John Legend, Darius Rucker, Zac Brown Band and the Back Street Boys are also at the top of my list. I would love to see the outtakes from this sketch, most of these musicians really delivered!

No comments:

Post a Comment