Friday, October 18, 2013

Kate's Reading Challenge Book 10: '50 Shades of Grey’ by E.L. James

One of my goals I set for myself on my twenty-fourth birthday was reading a book a week.  I am a little behind, moving twice and finishing school put a damper on my plan. To help motivate myself to finish books on time every week my new plan is to share my latest read with you on my blog. I w
ill read anything and everything and I would love your suggestions, feel free to email them to me at kate@mountainfm.net.

Book 10: '50 Shades of Grey’ by E.L. James

After saying I would never read ’50 Shades of Grey’ I can now say I have. I made the pledge to get through the book on-air when it was announced that Charlie Hunnam would play the lead role of Christian Grey. I had made several attempts to read the book in the past, but I just could not get into it. After forcing it, I finally managed to turn the last page a couple of weeks ago.

My thoughts?

I’m not impressed. I didn't expect a realistic story line in this book, so no disappointment there. I really did not like much of this book; I found it hard to sympathize with Ana because she was just too pathetic to me. Imagining Charlie Hunnam as Christian got me through the book. I was prepared for so much more and it seemed a little green and drawn out, maybe I just have a super dirty mind? The books pace was so slow and then it abruptly ends. I know that there are more books in the series, I will not be wasting my time on them, I have no more time to waste on a set of books.


I am also very discouraged that Hunnam has since decided not to do the film adaptation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment