Monday, September 9, 2013

Kate's Reading Challenge Book 7: ‘The Wolf of Wall Street' by Jordan Belfort

One of my goals I set for myself on my twenty-fourth birthday was reading a book a week.  I am a little behind, moving twice and finishing school put a damper on my plan. To help motivate myself to finish books on time every week my new plan is to share my latest read with you on my blog. I will read anything and everything and I would love your suggestions, feel free to email them to me at kate@mountainfm.net.
                         
Book 7: ‘The Wolf of Wall Street' by Jordan Belfort




When I started reading ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ I could not put it down. Jordan Belfort’s tales from his life of wealth and abundance are almost unimaginable for average people. I really enjoyed most of ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’; it did seem to drag on though. Typically books I read for my weekly reviews are under 500 pages on my iPad and this bad boy was over 800 pages. Despite being long the story continues to move and sometimes has to jump in time to keep everything moving. My only real beef is that the story could have been condensed more; some of the technical information could have been left out. I feel like I learned a lot about trading, Swiss Banking and the SEC but would rather have spent time hearing more about Jordan Belfort’s sexy escapades. I enjoy hearing the perspective of both Jordan Belfort ‘the Wolf’ and Jordan Belfort the loving father, sometimes it seems like his only redeeming quality is how much he loves his children (and how generous he was with the money to the people in his life).


Overall, I would recommend waiting for the movie if this book interests you. I am really excited to go see the film adaptation (I made a point to finish the book before seeing the movie). If you enjoy the film consider investing in reading the book, I am sure it goes into much more detail than the movie will. 


Here is the film adaptations official trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment