Sunday, September 8, 2013

Netflix Classic: World's Greatest Dad

Netflix Classic: World's Greatest Dad

Have you ever watched a movie so bad you wondered what were those people thinking? I do this all the time. In fact you can read my previous blog about ‘Sharknado’ it was the worst movie I have ever seen. Which has inspired me to start a log of all the movies I watch that are just down-right horrible, most of them are F-list horror movies with cooky titles found on Netflix, hence the label “Neflix Classics”.  Every Saturday you can find my latest “Netflix Classic” review right here on my Mountain FM Blog.

World's Greatest Dad (2009)

In one word this movie is dysfunctional. 
To give this movie credit it is bold. I never imagined the dark places this movie goes. Honestly, I picked it for this week’s Netflix Classic because I had a jones-ing for a Robin Williams family movie; World’s Greatest Dad was definitely not what I had in mind. Seriously, don't watch this movie based on it’s poster!

I found this movie really hard to watch. The topics were uncomfortable and the characters were all very hard to like. It is a twisted movie, even though I like raunchy comedy parts in this movie are too much.

The movie drags along too, character development happens quickly in the beginning and then you are waiting for the movies climax. World’s Greatest Dad then plateaus on the action for a while and eventually wraps up quickly.

I won’t be watching this one again. I’m not sure who I would recommend this movie to  I have a feeling it would make pretty much anyone feel uncomfortable and confused. Even for some dark comedy I don’t think this movie is funny enough to balance its grimness.

No comments:

Post a Comment