Tuesday, September 17, 2013

#TuneTuesday: September 17, 2013

Unfortunately we will never share #MusicMonday because I work Tuesday to Saturday. So I will be hooking you up with my favorite music cuts on what I am calling #TuneTuesday. I would love it if you called it that too, lets make it a thing)

This week, unfortunately I am not raving about a Canadian video. Arcade Fire is still blowing my mind from last week’s post. This week we are meshing some pretty gritty Brit-rock from the Arctic Monkeys and a song that will make anyone with a heartbeat dance.

**Beware; this video contains some censored adult content.

1.    1. ‘Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High?’ –Arctic Monkeys

Have you ever gone out for the night hoping to see one person only to find out they are staying in and not willing to give you the attention you think you deserve? Yup, that is what this song and video are about. Lead singer and lyricist Alex Turner’s voice is stunning, full of longing and messy desire. This video is not a new release (I think it came out in August), but the song is catching on right now with the release of ‘AM’ the Arctic Monkey’s latest album. The beginning of the video features the perfect musical preface the Arctic Monkey’s ‘Do I Wanna Know?’ and melts… it is the perfect 12am song turning into the 3am result song.

Seriously, buy this album. Watch these videos. Get into the Arctic Monkeys if you aren’t already.

2    2. ‘Lose Yourself to Dance’ – Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams

Just dance. Do it. The video is cool, I loved that they teased it at the MTV VMA’s but is not really necessary. You can sit around watching a bunch of people or groove or you can just let your body respond naturally and dance.





No comments:

Post a Comment