Friday, September 6, 2013

Social Media Frustrations

I put a lot of time and effort into honing my social media skills.

Seriously, I have read ‘Social Media Marketing for Dummies’.

I have taken LYNDA.com’s Social Media courses and spent a lot of time learning about how to craft perfect social media campaigns and posts, so nothing is more frustrating to me than a post like this going viral. Yes, I spent time searching for the perfect rainy day photo to start my show but it was nothing compared to the time I spend writing our stations mandatory blogs.

Yes, rubber boot dogs are adorable. I love that my post went Kootenay viral this morning. But nothing is more frustrating than the love a simple weather related post can get in comparison with things like our station blogs.
To add to the frustration, my blog post showing what I would potentially look like on meth is my most viral blog post. I am pretty happy my second most popular blog post is my ‘In Defense of Nickleback’, which took a long time to write (so I am happy about it).

Here is my face on meth:





Social media, you are madness. No matter what anyone says there is very little science and method to it all. So post rubber boot dogs, hopefully your business sells rubber boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment