Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My First Visit to Confusion Taco Food Truck

Have you been to Confusion Taco yet?

Stop reading and track that food truck down right now if your answer is anything less than, “not this week”.

Serious taco game rides around in that truck everyday. I FINALLY got to lunch at Confusion Taco during the food trucks visit to Castlegar this Tuesday.



Boy was I impressed; friendly staff, an impressive collection of hot sauces and amazing food at a great price. It was the perfect treat and it makes me want to skip packing Tuesday lunches all the time.
I always ask for a recommendation on my first trip to a new spot, I asked them to give me their best; the fan favorite and they presented me with the Baja Fish. I LOVE a good fish taco and this taco was better than some of the fish tacos I have had in SoCal. Seriously, you won't believe these bad boys are served out of the back of a truck. My big thing is that a taco has to be moist with salsa and sauces and not messy. Not a drip from this taco and it was still full of amazing flavor from the cilantro slaw, salsa and avocado mayo. And the tempura pacific cod was perfectly cooked, crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. I would never have picked a fish taco for myself (I usually stick with beef and chicken outside of California), but I am sure happy they picked it for me!


Next time I am going to have a heavy dose of Confusion, I think I will skip breakfast and wait till lunch for the Sloppy Jalope. And, maybe even a Great Canadian Taquito for a 3 o’clock wall snack. Here is a look at the menu (right).

Thank you Confusion Taco, you made my lunch delicious, the best way to start a short work week!

Here is snapshot of their spicy schedule:
-Castlegar: Tuesdays (across from Kootenay Market)
-Fruitvale: Wednesday and Friday
-Salmo: Thursday



For more on Confusion Taco check out their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ConfusionTaco


No comments:

Post a Comment