Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Xbox One Release Info

Coming up on November 22, 2013 Microsoft will celebrate the 8th birthday of the Xbox 360 with the release of the next generation of gaming console, the Xbox One.


Christmas 2008 I was gifted a very nice Xbox 360 from my loving parents. They had finally been worn down by familial fighting over how much time my sister and I could spend playing Rockband on my brother’s Xbox 360. Clearly, he had other games he wanted to be playing. Virtual zombies gotsa get killed and newbes can’t pwn themselves.

In all seriousness, my Xbox 360 was one of my key possessions in university. From hosting Rockband parties in my dorm room to movie nights with the girls... I passed my Xbox down to my younger cousins this spring because I really didn't think I needed to bring it on my move to Calgary (and on to the Kootenays) considering my boyfriend also has one.

On that note, Xbox was a great tool while we were doing the whole long-distance relationship thing in College. He could kick my butt at NHL and I could destroy him at Madden, without having to worry about distance.

One thing I absolutely love (and am not embarrassed about in the slightest) is the Xbox Kinect Disneyland Adventures game. I am obsessed with Disneyland and every time we boot the game up it is like a trip back to one of my favorite places on Earth. Seriously, I know a lot of people rip on the game but I absolutely love it, it is foolish and fun for the whole family!

I am super excited for the latest release, the Xbox One. I will be investing in one for our home for sure! November 22nd the Xbox One will be available in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, the U.S., and New Zealand. Releases in other countries will take place in 2014. The console with one controller, updated Kinect hardware,


I won’t be waiting in line to get my Xbox One on release day, but I will be asking for one for Christmas. Many retailers that have been selling pre-orders for the Xbox One have already run out, so get your pre-order in while you still can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment