Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Winners From The Rock Creek and Boundary Fall Fair's Jelly Bean Contest

Community events are one of the greatest parts of my job. I love getting to take part in the events and
helping build social klout for some of the fun elements of life in our little corner of the world.

I like to talk about things that are going on across the Kootenays on my show and not just in a specific region (ex. I talk about Castlegar events on my Grand Forks show and Grand Forks events on my live show). We are one big network of cities, towns and communities working together to be the best place to live possible, so I think it is integral that we take part in other communities events and show our support for the incredible amount of work it takes to make these events possible.

Getting to the point, I had a great call from Michele Caskey yesterday about a very special annual part of the Rock Creek and Boundary Fall Fair last weekend (September 14 and 15, 2013), she gave me a call to let me know that over 300 people had entered the B.C. Lung Association’s contest at the fair. Contestant’s guests how many jelly beans were in the jar (pictured) and guesses ranged from 112 to 1,000,000. The correct answer was 1,003 jelly beans. There were two winners who guessed the correct amount of jelly beans in the jar, Lynzee Davies of Whistler, B.C. and Rhys Prudence of Oliver, B.C. An independent person conducted a draw as the tie breaker and 6 year old Rhys was the big winner of all 1,003 jelly beans! I have been told that Lynzee will receive a gift from the Boundary too. 


A pretty cute story and a nice reminder than when we host events here in the Kootenays we get visitors from across the province.  


No comments:

Post a Comment