Thursday, January 9, 2014

Check Out The New Simpsons Lego!

When I was a kid I totally took LEGO for granted. As an adult I have purchased many LEGO kits for my boyfriend and younger family members, with my first purchase I was totally baffled by the price of even a small set. When I was a kid we just had free form LEGO flowing around my grandparents living room, stray pieces were the cause of many curse word (LEGO is the most painful fun thing to step on) being said around their house. As kids, my family was not really into the kits; we just built houses over and over again.

When I met my boyfriend, I learned of the intricacy of LEGO ‘Star Wars’ kits; slowly but surely we are building the entire set. My youngest cousin Mitchell is on the same LEGO quest, he is six years old.

Those ‘Star Wars’ dreams may have to wait though, a new LEGO kit has just been unveiled and it is a one purchase wonder featuring Springfield’s finest. February 1st you can have your own LEGO version of 742 Evergreen Terrace and the crew that resides there. Yes, ‘The Simpsons’ LEGO set has been unveiled and it is an intricate masterpiece that will make any brick buster excited.

Why? Well, the set will include an intricate doll-house style replica of the famed house and all the LEGO man pieces of family that resides there. There will even be a bonus character included; this first deployment of ‘The Simpsons’ set will have a Flanders’ to keep your LEGO Simpson family in check (if only it came with a fence too).

You can pick up the entire LEGO ‘The Simpsons’ set February 1st for around $199. There will also be a corresponding episode of ‘The Simpsons’ that is done in the LEGO style and I have my fingers crossed for a ‘The Simpsons’ LEGO video game too.


Six character pieces not enough for you investment in a piece of Springfield in LEGO form? Well, rumors have been circulating that there will be a sixteen piece character pack released this spring as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment