Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#TUNETUESDAY: January 14, 2013

Back to enjoying Tune Tuesday in all its glory! I don't think we could have a better song to end our hiatus and begin 2014.



1. Foster the People- 'Coming of Age'

Today’s first pick is an awesome time-lapse video for one of my favorite bands, Foster the People. This is their latest for ‘Coming of Age’ the first single from Supermodel, due out March 18th.

I think this video is a perfect fit for the new song, the artwork on the side of the building is the cover for Foster the People’s second album (Supermodel). The words the lady in the artwork is spewing are the following poem:

I ate it all; plastic, diamonds and sugar-coated arsenic as we danced in honey and sea-salt sprinkled laxative. Coral blossomed portraits in Rembrandt light; cheekbones high and fashionable. Snap! goes the moment; a photograph is time travel, like the light of dead stars painting us with their warm, titanic blood. Parasitic kaleidoscopes and psychotropic glow worms stop me dead in my tracks. Aphids sucking the red off a rose, but for beauty I will gladly feed my life into the mouths of rainbows; their technicolor teeth cutting prisms and smiling benevolently on the pallid hue of the working class hero.

Okay, the poem is more than a little heavy. Way heavier than the song, thats for sure!

Well, I am being really honest here in saying that new FTP music made my Monday. Seeing the new Foster the People video, as conceptual it is, put a smile on my face. I LOVED Torches, their debut album and I cannot wait until March to hear all the new music FTP has to offer. I think it will be worth the wait if ‘Coming of Age’ is any indicator. I like that it is a simple song with the same feel as the Torches album, I can't wait to see what they release next! I have a feeling it will also be featured right here on your Tune Tuesday blog!



2. Lily Allen - 'Air Balloon' 

And, I think we all know how much I love Lily Allen so here is second lighter video for the day. Lily Allen's latest its 'Air Balloon', hopefully the two songs balance each other out for you! They are both on repeat on my iPod. 

I don't think I need to say much here. I think Lily needed to lighten up abit herself with a track like 'Air Balloon' after a very serious end to 2013 with 'Hard Out Here' and her cover of 'Somewhere Only We Know'. For my thoughts on 'Hard Out Here' click here. 

Yes, enjoy these two tracks. A great way to kick off 2014 with two Kate Bruce favourites!                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment