Thursday, January 16, 2014

Drake Hosts and Performs on SNL this Saturday Night!

Toronto’s Drake (Aubrey Drake Graham) will host and be the musical guest on Saturday Night Live this Degrassi: The Next Generation acting roots… Yes, we Canadians will remember that before Drake was on the scene rapping he was put through the perils of life at Degrassi from around 2001 to 2009, he was in 138 episodes as Jimmy Brooks.
weekend. As a huge SNL fan I am always apprehensive when acts double up, but this little video of Drake takes us Canadians back to his

Sometimes I forget about Drake’s time on Degrassi, to be honest with you I do it willfully. I was not allowed to watch the original groundbreaking series when it was in its rerun phase on CBC, meaning I tried to watch it whenever I could just to defy authority; no one could tell Young Kate what to do with her preteen pre-evening time. We only had two channels and it would always be between CBC’s old reruns and whatever was on Oprah that day; both were equally as scarring some days to my young psyche (but, I liked it). I never really did get into the revamp of Degrassi, but my roommate in university forced me into watching them… she loved the old and the new. So, let’s just say I have had my fill of Degrassi.

Back to the point, this is what happens when I write blogs late in the day at my desk. Drake will be hosting Saturday Night Live this Saturday Night (January 18th)!


No comments:

Post a Comment