Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#ThrowBackThursday: Ski Ballet

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/23/ski-ballet-and-9-more-forgotten-olympic-sports-slideshow/
To me, the 80s were a crazy time that I absolutely obsess over. Today’s throwback Thursday video is a salute to the upcoming Sochi games and a sport that I would love to bring back to the games. It was part of the Winter Olympics back in 1988 and 1992, it is also known as acroskying.


The hair, the outfits, the sport; to me ski ballet is the quintessential 80s sport.

Here is a clip from the Calgary games



And another gem, in this one I’m not sure if the commentator is really onboard with the sport or making fun of it. Either way, it is comedy gold for winter sport jokes.




Here is more on Ski Ballet care of Buzzfeed:

No comments:

Post a Comment