Monday, January 20, 2014

Coming To Our Neighbourhood: Mounties

I am really excited for the Mounties show at the Spirit Bar in Nelson coming up in March. It is the perfect way to celebrate the countdown to my 25th birthday. One week to the day before I turn a quarter-century-old (March 24, 2014) Mounties will be visiting Nelson. It is going to be a great show; the Spirit Bar is always an awesome time.  I can’t wait to add Mounties to the list of talented acts I have seen in my short time in the Kootenays.

Who are Mounties?

Well they are the incredibly talented: Hawksley Workman (the man himself), Ryan Dahle (LimbLifter/Age of Electric) and Steve Bays (HOT HOT HEAT).

I must admit, I was/am a huge Hot Hot Heat fan. I can still remember the first time I heard ‘Talk To Me, Dance With Me’ on snowy morning in Nictaux, Nova Scotia when we had to stop into my grandmother’s house to let her dog out for a morning #1. Yes, I understand that it is weird that I remember that, whilst my mum took care of Missy I snuck in and absorbed some much needed Much Music time. Boom, I heard it and was addicted.

So I was beyond thrilled to hear about Mounties and even more excited to hear they are coming to Nelson. It is going to be a great show, see ya there!

The technical stuff:
March 24, 2014
Doors are at 7pm.
Opening talent: Rich Aucoin and Special Guests


‘If This Dance Catches On’


‘Headphones’

No comments:

Post a Comment