Monday, January 27, 2014

The 117th Rossland Winter Carnival

What a crazy weekend!

I believe I have the best job out there. 

My Saturday started with a trip to my first ever Rossland Winter Carnival. This year was the 117th Rossland Winter Carnival and it was the talk of the station all week leading into the great event. I love Rossland, if it was closer to the station I would love to live there. I get excited whenever I get to go to Rossland, so I was pumped to say the least to get to go to Day 3 of the Winter Carnival. 

It got off to an interesting start, we parked on a side street and walked down to Columbia Avenue, but the street we took was covered in snow and people were snowboarding down it! It was incredible, there was a live DJ mixing for them and people took turns completing their trick run. One snowboarder almost ate-it and nearly came off the snow covered part of the street and into me as I watched. It was slightly terrifying, but overall very cool! I have never witnessed anything quite like it!

The Mountain FM and 1035 the Bridge team was hard at work when I got to our Columbia Ave. location, handing out hot chocolate, coffee, popcorn, Queen City Crisps with Antoinette's Dip (what nice people, eh?). Our team also gave away Mountain Sky lip balms and I must say, I snagged one and love it!

On top of interacting with everyone attending the Rossland Winter Carnival I got to check out the many food vendors and explore Rossland's Columbia Ave. like never before. I made my first s'mores on the street, it was amazing! S'mores flavoured things just cannot compare to the real thing! Everyone told me I burnt the marshmallow, but I still thought it was addictive... so tasty!  

I can't wait until next year's Rossland Winter Carnival, it truly is the perfect winter festival. To be honest with you, I have never been to a Winter Carnival and I am not sure any other could compete with the Rossland Winter Carnival.


Keep up with the Rossland Winter Carnival all year long and get involved volunteering at the 118th Rossland Winter Carnival by checking out www.rosslandwintercarnival.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment