Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Amazing Car Emergency Kit

Grandmothers are just the best.

A couple of weeks ago I received a large pre-Christmas package in the mail from my Grandmother and in it (along with Christmas gifts) there was a full car emergency kit. This is something I have been meaning to put together for a while now and it had completely slipped my mind. My family worries about my drive from Trail to Castlegar every day, actually I think they worry about any driving I do (that is another story for another day… okay stories). So my grandmother put together the most genius little kit just in case I ever am stuck in my car in an emergency situation. It even compliments my low-carb lifestyle.

Here are the contents:
-1 Blanket (not pictured)
-1 Facecloth
-1 Bag of almonds
-2 90% Cocoa chocolate bars (just in case my boyfriend is also trapped, she didn’t want use fighting over just one)
-A box of moist wipes (I hope this is just in case we have ribs in the car with us, not because she thinks we will need them for bodily functions. On that note, she should have included some adult diapers.)
-2 Lighters
-4 Jumbo tea light candles (for warmth and light)
-2 LED flashlights
-1 Par of glove

All I am missing now is a shovel in my car. Hockey sticks work to dig your car out of small mess of snow, but it takes a lot longer.

What is in your winter car emergency kit? Am I missing anything? 

No comments:

Post a Comment