Thursday, January 2, 2014

Kate's Christmas Card 2013 Winner

Don't you just love him? 
Okay, this is the second last Holiday-ish blog I will write until December madness crops back up in 11 or so months.  Yesterday I sat around my apartment, welcoming the New Year by cleaning up the old crap that just sits around. Unfortunately, it got me thinking about nixing all those Christmas cards. Each one made me smile as I opened my mail box, I really love receiving them but my table shrine  (I was pretty lazy and dressed up a fold out table rather than a tree this Christmas) has got to go. I hate the idea of tossing all these mementos of Christmas 2013, my first away from home; but I hate the clutter. Also, I come from a long line of hoarders and I really want to nip that habit in the bud.

What do you do with your Christmas cards?

I thought I would also take this time to acknowledge my favourite Christmas card from 2013, it was from my Nanny Bruce and I absolutely love it.

Seriously, I have this little guy pinned above my desk at work. He is the Christmas Card 2013 Champion. Why do I like him so much? Well, he is golden. The best (okay, just my favourite) color of dog, he has the most adorable puppy-sized scarf around his neck and he is not just walking in the on a freaking mission. This guy is trudging through the snow to get somewhere. No effort was made to have a happy puppy on a winter walk; this pup is just like us humans; dressed for the snowy conditions but still not happy to be out experiencing winter weather.

I would love to have this little guy in my home, I like to think he is dashing off to an important place to accomplish monumental things. That is the expression on his adorable little face and I love it.

Okay, I may have gone a little too deep with analysis of this Christmas card. But, I do truly love it. Props to Grandmother MacDonald and Ashley Ettinger for also playing the pet cards this year, they were a close second and third.


Thank you everyone for your Christmas cards! I am already looking forward to picking a favourite for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment