Saturday, June 7, 2014

Castlegar Sunfest 2014

Hanging out with Craig!
Happy Sunfest!

I am pretty pumped about Sunfest this year, why? Well because it is my first Sunfest! I have officially been living in the Kootenays for 11 months + 1 week (I am just twenty-one days away from a full year)! This is one of the last events that I can say that I have not been part of. 

One really cool part of Sunfest was the Craig Mortiz show last night at Kinsman Park. He took Mountain FM by storm yesterday when he came in. The lovely Jenny Fines interviewed him because I was on my lunch break at the gym. Apparently Craig is not on Kootenay time! Between the country boy and country fan-girl giggles they had a great chat about his upcoming album and his last appearance here in the Kootenays years ago for Trail Silver City Days. I do not normally post other peoples interviews, but Craig Mortiz is the exception to the rule.



His show was awesome! Lots of dancing from my partners in crime, couples and of course the kids! Enormous productions provided the awesome light show and killer sound that had everyone on their feet. Craig Mortiz and his band were the stars of the show though; I would have to say the highlight moment for me was when they covered John Micheal Montgomery's "Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)" one of my all-time favourite country songs. I'm not a dancer, but I let a small child lead me around the grass dance floor for that one! 

Castlegar's own Lisa Nicole was even there jamming to Craig's tunes!

Here the song we featured on Mountain FM from Craig Mortiz, played for the first time on rock radio it is called "Ready to Roll".

This one really stuck out to me during the show... it is the "booty call song" (formally known as "Only When Your Lonely").


Craig Mortiz was the highlight of Sunfest Friday for sure!

I am really excited to go check in on our Mountain FM "Kiss My Glass" contest that is running as I type this blog up over at the park. The last person with their lips to the glass will win $600 cash from Adam's Windows and Doors! 

Sunfest continues tonight and tomorrow at Kinsman Park in Castlegar! I'll update with the results of "Kiss My Glass" a little later today :) 

Update: Our four finalists split the "Kiss My Glass" $600 prize after keeping their lips locked on the glass from 9am until 6:50pm! Big thanks to Adam's Windows and Doors!
I treated the Street Team to deep-fried oreos and we enjoyed a TON of amazing food vendors. Kootenay Kettle Corn and Filipino food were my guilty pleasures today; along with handfuls of salt water taffy. It is a good thing Sunfest weekend is not every weekend that is for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment