Friday, June 6, 2014

June 6, 2014- Castlegar Sculpture Walk Sculpture of the Day "Eye the Wind"

Castlegar is the place to be this weekend for Sunfest! While you are visiting make sure you take in the Castlegar Sculpture Walk. Today I am featuring the third piece in my blog series on the amazing artwork that is lining our streets this summer.

Today’s piece is quite a bit smaller than the other works I have documented on my slow winding walk around Castlegar. It is Dee Clements’ “Eye the Wind”. It is located on the corner of 3rd Street and 11th Avenue and just a short walk from Mountain FM.

After two gigantic sculptures I wanted to showcase a smaller work. “Eye the Wind” is a very intricate work that cannot be fully appreciated with one photo. It depicts the intensity of windsurfing and the incredible amount of strength required to successful harness the wind.


Big thanks to Columbia Basin Trust for sponsoring this work brought to us from Dee Clements in Loveland, Colorado. So far I have only blogged about BC sculptures so it is nice to have a little international flare for Blog #3!

For more on Dee Clements and “Eye the Wind” click here

For my previous blog about "What the Nose Knows" click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment