Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My First Tim Horton's Camp Day!

Not my best hair (or face) day... 
Today I experienced my very first Tim Hortons Camp Day as an on-air personality. I had so much fun in Trail early this morning at 8am for the morning rush of drivers b-lining for caffeine to get them to the end of Humpday. I was absolutely astounded by the number of generous cash donations that were given to Tim Hortons Children Foundation just in my two hours at Tim Hortons. It was mind-blowing. 

On top of the staggering number of people supporting sending children in need to camp I witnessed lots of goodwill between strangers; chains of people paying-it-forward by paying for the order that was coming up behind them! I have heard of this happening at Tim Hortons before but I have never been the beneficiary of it. I think it is important to note that I have never started a kindness chain in a drive-thru either (karma, eh?). Now, I really want to do it... I may even add that experience to my summer of firsts on my way home today. I'll keep you updated.

I like to think I was a little better at my job in the drive-thru window than some of the RCMP officers pouring coffee and mixing up iced caps! There were some spills and lots of sass from Trail’s finest who broke Tim Hortons protocol multiple times and held the coffee cups as they poured the coffee. In all seriousness, the firefighters and police officers who were part of my Camp Day experience were so much fun! I don’t think there was a better time to be at Tim Hortons today in Trail than while we were holding down the fort! Although, the staff was pretty excited for the Trail Smoke Eaters to come in a little later in the day so I think we were most likely their second favourite crew of the day. 

So many people bought tents and cabins to line the walls of Trail's Tim Horton's, I have a very good feeling that we helped raise more than the $11.8 raised last year on Camp Day! 

If you would like to donate to Camp Day it is so easy, you do not need to even go to a Tim Hortons. You can give online by visiting sendakidtocamp.com or by texting CAMP to 45678 in Canada or CAMP to 41518 in the States. 

Help celebrate Tim Horton Children's Foundations 40th birthday by grabbing a coffee today and 100% of the proceeds will go to THCF!

This year alone more than 200,000 kids will be impacted by the Tim Horton Children's Foundation and more than 17,000 kids will attend at THCF camp! 

I have made up my mind. On the way home someone better be behind me in the drive-thru at Tim's because I am starting a chain of awesomeness. 

*Side-note, one of my biggest pet peeves is people who call Tim Hortons "Timmy's". You will NEVER heart me reference Tim's in such an informal way. I don't know why it grinds my gear but it really, really does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment