Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Best Salad I Have Ever Had at The Wooden Spoon Grand Forks

If you read my blog you know it is not a common occurrence for me to order a salad at restaurants. Today I am getting straight to the point of this blog and it is the Wooden Spoon in Grand Forks’ “Grand Chicken” salad. I had the “Grand Chicken” for the first time Family Day weekend when I was in town for the Chamber of Commerce’s big Family Day celebrations. Everyone in town raved to me about the amazing food at the Wooden Spoon so I drug my boyfriend to the hot spot for lunch.


As you can see the salad is huge. So my boyfriend had his panini and then helped me devour my salad. He instantly wanted to order a second one to have a full “Grand Chicken” to himself. The salad has a base of mixed greens with roasted pumpkin, candied chili, roasted almonds and topped off with chicken and feta.

I was finally back in Grand Forks for another great event and had to take our Street Teamer to the Wooden Spoon for another salad.  She picked the “Grand Chicken” salad as well and loved it too! Thank goodness they had not changed their menu; I had been thinking about the salad for months. When I mentioned to my boyfriend that I went back to the Wooden Spoon for the salad he was so jealous. They don’t make food like that at Basic Military Training!

He was also very jealous of the desserts that I brought home with me. I could not pick just one so I brought home a slice of the Ponderosa banana cake and a slice of the lemon yogurt berry cake.  Both of the desserts were amazing! You can see them pictured here in the display window. I would recommend splitting them both with a friend.

If I had to choose just one I would go with the Ponderosa banana cake. It was divine. The chocolate chips on the top of moist, dense banana cake were perfection. Both desserts were amazing! I imagine the lemon yogurt berry cake would be even more amazing with ice cream… yum!

The next time you drop by Grand Forks stop into the Wooden Spoon and enjoy an amazing lunch (or breakfast… yes they are open for breakfast too)!

The Wooden Spoon is open Tuesday through Sunday from 8am until 3pm for breakfast and lunch. You can visit the Wooden Spoon on 3rd Street, Grand Forks. They also have a patio; it is the perfect spot to have a sunny lunch while in beautiful Grand Forks!

I hope to try the breakfast menu the next time I visit. The homemade cornbread with spinach, bacon, poached eggs and maple syrup sounds amazing; I am a sucker for cornbread!




You can "like" the Wooden Spoon on Facebook here.




No comments:

Post a Comment